Create Your Google Account Sign Up – Viewers support trusted reviews. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may receive a commission. Learn more.
Having a Google account gives you access to Gmail, YouTube, Google Docs, and lets you set up an Android phone using a single set of credentials. Here’s how to create an account.
Create Your Google Account Sign Up
Whether you’ve just bought a new phone, are tired of remembering multiple passwords, or are trying to get rid of an embarrassing email address from years ago, we’ve put together this step-by-step guide to teach you how.
Creating An Account
Yes, you can choose to use your current email address with your Google Account. Click “Use my current email address instead” when prompted to enter a new email address.
If you don’t have time to go through the process of setting up your account, just go to your account settings at any time, scroll to the “Privacy & Personalization” section, and click “Manage Data & Privacy.”
Hannah joined Trusted Reviews as a staff writer in 2019 after graduating with a degree in English from Royal Holloway, University of London. She also worked and studied in the United States, and held the position…
Editorial independence means being able to make an unbiased judgment about a product or company, avoiding conflicts of interest. To ensure this, all editors follow a clear code of conduct.
Google Create Account Illustrations On Behance
We also expect our journalists to adhere to clear ethical standards in their work. Our staff must strive for honesty and accuracy in everything they do. We follow the IPSO Code of Practice for Editors to support these standards.
Founded in 2004, Trusted Reviews exists to provide our readers with in-depth, impartial and independent advice on what to buy.
Today, we have millions of users per month from all over the world and they evaluate more than 1,000 products per year. A white circle with a black border around an upward corner. It shows ‘click here to return to top of page’.
Two intersecting lines forming an “X”. Indicates a way to close a communication or reject a notification.
An App Publication To Google Play
Chevron Home Icon Indicates an expandable section or menu, or sometimes previous or next navigation options. Technology
Twitter icon Stylized bird with open mouth, tweeting. Twitter LinkedIn icon The word “i”. LinkedIn Flip Icon Stylized Letter F. Facebook Icon Flipboard The Letter F. Cover Facebook Email Icon. It shows the ability to send email. Email link icon Image of a chain link. Coordinates link URL. Copy the link
If you have a Gmail account, you get access to all Google features, such as Google Drive. Image source / Getty Images
Although Gmail is just one of the many services you get when you create a Google Account, you can think of it as the same thing for all intents and purposes. When you register your Google account, you automatically get Gmail, and if you have a Gmail account, that means you already have a Google account.
Google Can’t Find My Account
In other words, if you have one, you already have the other. Your Google or Gmail account gives you free access to a large library of apps and other services, including Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Maps and many more.
Quick tip: If you ever need to sign in to your Google Account to access a Google product, use your Gmail username and password.
You can create a Gmail account using a browser on your computer or in the mobile app. No matter where you create your account, you’ll be able to access it from any browser or device.
1. Go to the Create Google Account page on your Mac or PC. You can go there directly or find it by going to Google.com, clicking Sign in, and then clicking Create Account.
Sign Up & Log In
2. Follow the instructions to complete the first page; start by entering your first and last name. It doesn’t have to be your legal name, but it should be how you want to be identified in Gmail.
When you fill out the form for your Google Account, it will also generate your Gmail email address. Dave Johnson
3. Enter the username of the email you want to use. Keep in mind that there are billions of Gmail users, so your first choice might not be available.
4. Enter the desired password and enter it a second time in the Confirm field. For safety and security, your password should be strong – use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols that are at least 8 characters long (and preferably 12 characters).
Handling Signup Or Signin With Google And Facebook Using Vuejs
6. Continue with the instructions to set up your account. Enter your mobile phone number – this is an optional step, but highly recommended, to help restore your account if there is a problem signing in. Likewise, you should add a secondary email address to assist with account recovery. Also enter your birthday and gender.
8. Google may ask you to verify your phone number. Click Send to receive a code on a specific mobile phone number, then enter the code to verify that the phone number is yours.
9. If you want to use this number with other Google services (such as using it for video calls with Google Meet) click Yes, I’m with it. Otherwise, click Skip.
You are now signed in to this new Google Account in this browser. Once installed, you can access your personal contacts in Gmail and use your Google Account to find, add, and manage those contacts.
How To Set Up A Google Account For Your Business
5. Enter first and last name. It doesn’t have to be your legal name, but it should be how you want to be identified in Gmail. Tap Next.
7. Choose one of the pre-made Gmail addresses or tap Create your own Gmail address to create your own unique email address. Tap Next.
9. You can add a phone number that can be used to recover your account if you forget your password and with other Google services (such as using it for video calls with Google Meet). If you want to do this, enter a mobile phone number and then click Yes, I’m on. Otherwise, click Skip.
If you use Gmail regularly, you may want to change your email settings. Google gives you many options to configure Gmail. One of the first things you might want to do is change your Google profile picture; after that you can access a variety of other settings from the web and your mobile device.
Twitter Will Soon Let You Log In With Your Google Account
2. Click on the gear-shaped settings icon at the top right. You should see some quick settings that allow you to change the overall look of your inbox.
Here you will find the settings page. Google tends to change the layout and content of settings frequently, but you should be able to find what you need with a little browsing. There are several tabs at the top of the page such as General, Tags, Accounts and Imports and others.
Each of these tabs has its own set of settings, although you’ll probably find most of the features you need in common. Here you can set your autoresponder, for example, as well as turn on and off features such as grammar checking, error checking and autocorrect.
3. Tap the Gmail account you want to configure. If you have multiple Gmail accounts, more than one account may be listed.
Create New Gmail Account For Yourself And Others
Here you will find a list of all the settings you can configure. Your options will be slightly different than in a browser – the display options are very different on mobile, for example – and there is no tab at the top of the page.
However, it is easy to navigate as you can scroll to see all the available settings. For example, instead of the Labels tab in the browser, you can click Label Settings in the Settings menu to create folders in Gmail.
Dave Johnson is a technology journalist who writes about consumer technology and how the industry is transforming the speculative world of science fiction into today’s reality. Dave grew up in New Jersey before joining the Air Force to operate satellites, teach space operations and plan space launches. He then spent eight years as a content manager for the Windows team at Microsoft. As a photographer, Dave has photographed wolves in their natural habitat; he is also a diving instructor and co-host of several podcasts. Dave is the author of more than two dozen books and has contributed to many sites and publications, including CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and Insider.
TECHNOLOGY How to Send Google Calendar Invitations to Anyone Using the Desktop or Mobile Site Setting up a Gmail account is easy. You start by creating a Google Account, and during the quick sign-up process, you choose the name of your Gmail account. In this lesson, we’ll show you how to set up your Google account for Gmail, add and edit contacts, and change your email settings.
How To Create/setup A Google Email Account
To create a Gmail email address, you must first create a Google account. Gmail will direct you to the Google account registration page. You must provide
Create your google account, hotmail sign up email create new account, create google account sign up gmail, create a google account sign up, create gmail account sign up, sign up create new account, google create account sign up, google gmail sign up new create account, email sign up create new account, gmail sign up create new account, outlook sign up create new account, create new google account sign up